January 26, 2022 - New Piazza discussion forum for MIT instructors
In response to your suggestions, we have set up a Piazza discussion forum for MIT instructors to share tips and ideas, and to crowdsource suggestions for challenges that instructors face.
How to Join the Forum
- Go to the following website: https://piazza.com/mit/other/mitinstructorsdiscussionforum
- Enter the access code: spring2022
- When prompted, join as a "Student" and log in with your existing Piazza account, or create a new one if you have not previously used Piazza.
Please feel free to share the link with others on your instructional staff, but we ask that you not post or share the link more widely, so that it remains a conversation among MIT instructors.
The forum is unmoderated, so we are relying on the community to be civil and respectful, and to remember that MIT has a wide diversity of disciplines, teaching styles, and philosophies, but that we are united by our drive to help students succeed and accomplish great things.
This forum is meant to supplement, and not replace, the set of existing resources that provide information and support to instructors. Some of these include:
- A cross-functional team providing support for managing the classroom can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about continuity solutions and best practices from the Teaching and Learning Lab: https://tll.mit.edu/maintaining-academic-continuity-during-spring-2022
- Questions about rules and regulations regarding assignments and final exams, especially assignments or tests planned for the very end of the semester, can be directed to: email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support of our students, and warm wishes for a successful semester.
Lily Tsai, Chair of the Faculty