About the Committee
The IT@MIT Task Force identified a number of issues for focus, one of which was to create clear processes for decision-making. To address these issues, the Provost and the Executive Vice President and Treasurer chartered a small, focused Information Technology Governance Committee.
The Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC) is a decision-making body that reports directly to the Provost and Executive Vice President and Treasurer.
The ITGC has been charged with the following:
- Ensure development and maintenance of a three-year strategic IS&T plan for an IT environment in support of the vision and mission of MIT.
- Ensure the proper sharing of responsibility and setting the priorities for IS&T investments and the deployment of resources by reviewing and making decisions on IS&T projects.
- Ensure proper sponsorship for IS&T projects.
- Guide, direct and approve the establishment and implementation of policies, guidelines and standards pertaining to the use of IT within MIT.
- Identify and charge sub-committees or working groups as appropriate to complete the committee charge and provide funding and review of progress as needed.
- Advise Executive Vice President and Treasurer and Provost on IT matters at MIT.